- Feeling wound up
- Feel tight like a drum
- Feel like you are “always behind on your activities”
- feeling phsysiological symptoms of hearth palpitations, tightness in the chest, sweating.
- Craving more foods high in fat lately
- Finding it difficult to fall asleep at night
- Wake up feeling nervous in the mornings
Effective Stress Management Practice
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) by Kabat-Zinn (1990). This practice helps individuals with stress, chronic pain and illness (Majid, Seghatoleslam, Homan, Akhvast and Habil, 2012)
- The principal behind the practice is to teach you to use your breathing as a mechanism to sooth yourself and reduce your stress hormones.
Studies show that mindfulness has long-term effects on the brain. It can protects against cortical thinning, so that you are cognitively more alert and robust.
- Becoming a witness of yourself challenges you to change your relationship with your thoughts and emotions
Mindfulness increases ability to experience negative events with less physical reactivity.
Hannah Esmaili-Counselling2Wellness Inc. 2896 Bloor Street West, Etobicoke, ON 416-999-8618